- 1/2 c. honey
- 1/2 c. canola oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. almond extract
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 5 c. bran flakes cereal
- 2 1/4 c. old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 3/4 c. sliced almonds
- 1 3/4 c. walnuts coarsely chopped
- 1 1/3 c. sweetened flaked coconut optional
- 1 1/2 c. golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix honey, canola oil, vanilla, almond extract and cinnamon in a small saucepan. Stir over medium heat until warm.
- Mix bran flakes, oatmeal, almonds, walnuts and coconut in a large bowl. Pour the warm honey mixture over and toss to coat.
- Divide the granola mixture between 2 rimmed baking sheets, spreading evenly. Bake until golden brown, stirring every 5 minutes, about 20 minutes total. Sprinkle the raisins over and cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.