- 1 T. Butter
- 1 1/4 c. flour plus more for dusting the pants
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 c. canola oil
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 large very ripe bananas mashed
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. rum extract optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 9” x 5” metal loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the 1 1/4 c. Of flour with the baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs slightly. Then whisk in the oil, sugar, mashed bananas and vanilla. Add the rum extract if using. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake in the center of the oven for about 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Transfer the pan to a rack and let cool for 15 minutes, then turn the bread out onto the rack.