- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked (or 2 cups cooked)
- 1 1/2 tsp butter or oil (coconut, olive, or canola)
- 1 cup walnuts, almonds, or pecans
- 1 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- dash of salt
- 8 cups field greens
- 5-6 small-medium beets, raw
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup syrup (simple, maple, or agave)
- 6 tbsp olive or canola oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Cook the quinoa according to the package’s directions.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter (or oil) over medium heat in a frying pan.
- Add the nuts to the pan. Stirring occasionally, heat the nuts until fragrant and lightly toasted. Add the syrup to the pan and stir to coat. Cook until the moisture sizzles away. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and remove from heat.
- Slice beets, either shredded or spiralized.
- Once the quinoa and nuts have cooled, combine the salad ingredients in one large bowl or layer in 6 individual bowls.
- Stir together the dressing ingredients and drizzle over the salad.
Thanks to SmartNutrition for this recipe inspiration!