Black Forest Ice Cream Pie
- 2 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 3 c. vanilla ice cream
- 2 jars (8 oz.) maraschino cherries without stems
- 1 ready-to-fill chocolate crumb crust
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Melt the semi-sweet chocolate and the bittersweet chocolate over low heat. Spread the melted chocolate on the lined cookie sheet. Place in the freezer until hard.
- Slightly soften the ice cream. Scrape the ice cream into a bowl. Drain the cherries and cut in half. Break the chocolate into small pieces. Add the cherries and chocolate to the ice cream. Spoon the mixture into the chocolate crust. Cover the pie and freeze at least 6 hours until very firm.
- For an adult version, soak the cherries in 2 T. creme de cassis (cherry liquor) before adding to the ice cream.