Boozy Cranberry Cookies
- 3/4 c. dried cranberries
- 1/4 c. bourbon
- 1/2 c. walnut pieces
- 1 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Set out butter to bring to room temperature.
- Combine dried cranberries and bourbon in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer; cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Put the walnut pieces in the oven on a baking pan just long enough to toast; be careful to not burn them. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Combine sugars, butter and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy. Add the egg to the mixture and beat just until blended. Add the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix just enough to combine. Drain the cranberries; add to the dough along with the walnuts. Stir to combine.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until the cookies are lightly browned.