Breakfast in a Round
- 6 eggs beaten
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 T. butter
- 1 round loaf French bread
- 6 oz. thinly sliced deli ham
- 3/4 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4 c. Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c. chopped sweet red pepper
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, salt and pepper. Melt butter in the skillet; add eggs. Cook and stir until set; set aside.
- Cut the top 1/4 off the loaf of bread. Carefully hollow out the top and bottom leaving a 1/2 inch shell.
- In the bottom of the bread, place half of the ham, half the cheeses and all of the red pepper and eggs. Top with remaining cheese and ham. Gently press the layers together. Replace the bread top and wrapped tightly in foil.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
This is easy enough to make that the kids can help make up for Mother's Day.