Caramel Apple Popcorn Clusters
- 8 c. popped popcorn
- 4 c. freeze dried apple slices
- 1 c. unsalted almonds roughly chopped
- 2 c. apple juice
- 2 c. packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 c. light corn syrup
- 12 T. unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 1 tsp. salt
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Divide the popcorn between the 2 baking sheets. Scatter the apple slices and chopped almonds on top of the popcorn.
- Bring the apple juice, brown sugar and corn syrup to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook without stirring until the mixture reaches 280 degrees on a candy thermometer, about 30 minutes. Stir the butter pieces into the caramel until melted and thoroughly combined. Add the salt and cook 1 minute more. Remove from the heat. Pour the hot caramel over the popcorn mixture and carefully toss with 2 rubber spatulas. Let cool slightly then separate the mixture into clusters while still warm. Let cool completely.