Caribbean Barbecued Chicken
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 2/3 c. coarsely chopped green onions
- 1/2 c. loosely packed fresh cilantro
- 1 T. chopped fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2 T. lime juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Combine vegetable oil, green onions, cilantro, ginger, garlic cloves, jalapeño peppers, salt, pepper, and lime juice in a food processor or blender; blend until smooth. Place the chicken in a resealable plastic bag. Pour the marinade over the chicken; turn chicken to coat. Refrigerate at least 8 hours and up to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Heat the grill. Remove chicken from marinade. Discard marinade. Place chicken on grill over medium heat. Cook 10 to 12 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once.