1 package Puff Pastry
1 Egg, whisked
Red and blue food coloring
1 container Chocolate frosting
Optional: Chocolate chips and raspberry sauce
- Preheat the over to 350 degrees and line a 9×13 baking dish with foil.
- Cut the puff pastry into thirds and reconnect to form one long, narrow piece of pastry.
- Add the chocolate frosting to a piping bag (or a ziplock bag with an end corner cut) and pipe a line of frosting down the middle of the pastry. If using, sprinkle chocolate chips over the frosting.
- Wrap the pastry over the chocolate frosting to enclose the filling and seal using the egg wash. Press with a fork to seal firm, if necessary.
- In the prepared baking dish, wind the pastry back and forth, seam side down, to look like intestines and paint with the red and blue food coloring to look like blood and veins. You can also simply roll the pastry into a coil without the food coloring for a less scary dessert!
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and serve with raspberry sauce for extra scare factor
Big thanks to Wanna Bite for the inspiration for this recipe!