Chocolate Raspberry Protein Brownie Bars
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup protein powder vanilla or chocolate
- 1/2 cup puréed pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 T honey
- 3/4 cup almond or coconut milk
- 2 T coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips divided
- 1/2 cup freeze dried raspberries can substitute fresh
- 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper
- 2) Pulse oats in food processor until the texture becomes like flour. Then, add cocoa powder and protein powder to the food processor and also pulse to combine.
- 3) Add pumpkin, egg, honey, and milk to the food processor and pulse until the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- 4) Melt coconut oil and 1/4 cup of the chocolate chips in the microwave (roughly 30 seconds). Once melted, add to the food processor and combine.
- 5) Pour mixture into the prepared pan and top with the remaining chocolate chips.
- 6) Bake for 16-18 minutes. If chocolate chips haven’t fully melted after baking, spread with a spatula to distribute the chocolate over the top of the brownies.
- 7) Crumble freeze dried raspberries over the top.
- 8) Allow to cool and cut into 12 bars, so each bar will be roughly 100 calories.
- 9) Store leftover bars in refrigerator for up to one week.
Thanks to Ambitious Kitchen for the inspiration for this recipe!