Creole Chicken with Okra
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 T. olive oil divided
- 1/2 c. diced onion
- 1/2 c. chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 c. halved grape tomatoes
- 1/2 c. fresh chopped or frozen cut okra
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 T. Louisiana hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 c. cooked brown rice
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Heat a large nonstick skillet on medium high heat. Add 2 T. olive oil to the skillet. When hot, add the chicken and cook until chicken is almost cook through, stirring frequently. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Return the skillet to medium-high heat and add 2 T. olive oil. Add the onion and pepper and cook until lightly brown, stirring frequently. Add the garlic and cook for 15 seconds, stirring constantly. Add 1/2 c. water, the tomato halves, okra and thyme. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the okra is just tender. Add the chicken, hot sauce and salt. Cook for 5 minutes to combine the flavors. Serve over the cooked brown rice.