- 1 lb. Persian cucumbers thinly sliced
- 4 T. rice wine vinegar
- 1 T. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. mirin or 1/2 T. sugar
- 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. black or white sesame seeds
- Cut the cucumbers into 1/4 inch slices.
- Mix together the vinegar, soy sauce, mirin , ginger and red pepper flakes.
- Toss the cucumbers with the dressing. Add the sesame seeds and chill.
If you don’t have Persian cucumbers, use regular thinly sliced cucumbers but put them in a colander with 1/2 tsp salt for at least 10 minutes. Squeeze out any excess liquid. Then proceed with the recipe.