Dill-icious Chicken Nuggets
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 c. buttermilk
- 1/3 c. dill pickle juice
- 1 1/2 c. panko Japanese breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 T. water
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- Combine the buttermilk, pickle juice and chicken in a large zip top bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Place the panko in a large skillet, cook over medium heat for 3 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring frequently.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the chicken in a colander and let the marinade drain off.
- Combine the water and egg in a shallow dish. Put the chicken in the dish with the egg. Stir to coat the chicken then place in the colander to let the excess drain off.
- Combine the panko and salt in a large zip top bag. Put the chicken in the bag with the panko and shake to coat. Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Remove the chicken from the bag; arrange in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes or until done.