Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground pork or chicken
- 1 c. onion finely diced
- 1 c. carrots shredded
- 1 T. fresh ginger finely minced
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/4 c. chicken broth
- 5 c. cabbage finely sliced
- 2 T. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- In a very large sauté pan or a Dutch oven, put 1 T. Of the olive oil and the ground pork. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until almost cooked through.
- While the meat cooks, prepare the vegetables.
- Add the onion and the other tablespoon of oil to the pan. Sauté for another 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add the shredded carrots, garlic and ginger and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Pour the chicken broth in the pan and scrape the bottom to deglaze it.
- Add the cabbage, soy sauce, vinegar, salt and pepper. Stir well and cook over medium-low heat until the cabbage is tender.
- Just before serving add the sesame oil.
You can use ground pork, chicken, beef or turkey in this recipe. You can serve over regular rice, cauliflower rice or just in a bowl by itself. You can sprinkle toasted sesame over the top if you wish.