Farmer Breakfast Casserole
- 3 c. frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 3/4 c. shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 c. cooked ham diced
- 1/4 c. chopped shallot
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- Arrange the hash brown potatoes evenly in the bottom of the prepared dish. Sprinkle with cheese, ham and shallots.
- In a medium bowl, mix eggs, evaporated milk, pepper and salt. Pour the egg mixture over the potato mixture in the dish. The dish may be covered and refrigerated at this point for several hours or overnight.
- Bake for 45 minutes (60 minutes if chilled). Let stand for 5 minutes before serving