1 Cup Flour
1/3 Cup Powdered Sugar
6 Tbl Butter (unsalted, cold and cut into cubes)
1/4 tsp Salt
2 Tbl Milk (whole)
Grapefruit Radler Curd
3 Eggs (large)
1 1/2 Cup Sugar
2 Tbl Honey
1/4 Cup Flour
2 Tbl Corn Starch
1/3 Cup Grapefruit Juice (fresh)
1/4 Cup Grapefruit Beer (shandy, wheat)
1 Cup Powdered Sugar (for garnish)
- To make the cookie crust dough, combine the flour, powdered sugar, butter, and salt into a food processor. Pulse together and slowly add the milk until a ball forms.
- Grease and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper, then press the crust into the bottom. Allow to chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees then bake the chilled crust for 20 minutes or until slightly firm and a bit golden brown. Remove from oven and cool in the refrigerator for up to one hour.
- To prepare the Graperfruit Filling, whisk together the eggs, sugar, and honey. Once combined, mix in the flour and cornstarch, followed by the grapefruit juice and beer. Pour the filling over the chilled crust and bake again at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until the center has set but hasn’t browned.
- Cool the bars to room temperature then place in the refrigerator for at least 3-4 hours up to overnight. When ready to serve, dust with powdered sugar (e.g. add sugar to a mesh strainer and tap over the top of the bars) and cut into 12-16 bars.