Hash Brown Smoked Salmon Breakfast Casserole
- 8 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 c. whole milk
- 3 T. butter melted
- 1 bag 30 oz. frozen hash browns, thawed
- 3/4 c. thinly sliced shallots
- 4 oz. hot smoked salmon flaked
- Salt and pepper
- 6 eggs
- Position a rack in the lower third of the oven; preheat to 375 degrees. Grease a 7" x 11" baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, milk and butter with a mixer until smooth. Add the hash browns, scallions, smoked salmon, salt and pepper to the cream cheese mixture in the bowl. Transfer to the baking dish; smooth the top. Make 6 shallow indentations in the has browns. Bake until the edges are brown, about 45 minutes.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven. Preheat the broiler. Crack and egg into each indentation and season with salt and pepper. Broil until the whites are set about 4 minutes.
- If you like your eggs cooked more, just turn off the broiler and leave the dish in the oven until the eggs are done to your liking.
- Cut into squares and serve.