- 3/4 lb. andouille sausage
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 large onion
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 1 30 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 2 T. Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 1/2 c. uncooked brown or white rice
- 1/2 lb. uncooked shrimp peeled and deveined
- Slice sausage into 1/4 inch thick slices. Remove the tails from the shrimp. Chop chicken into 1” pieces. Dice the green peppers and onion.
- Add the sausage, chicken, bell peppers, onion, chicken broth, tomatoes, minced garlic, Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper to a slow cooker. Cover and cook for 3 to 4 hours on low. Stir in the rice and cook another 1 - 2 hours until the rice is tender.
- About 20 minutes before serving, add the shrimp and cook for another 15-20 minutes. Stir and serve hot.
If you don’t care for one of the proteins in this dish, just leave it out and add more of another protein. If you want it spicier, add 1 or 2 diced jalapeños with the green peppers. Gourmet Simplified sells a great Cajun seasoning - Wham!. You can contact us at email@example.com for prices and shipping information.