Lemon Chicken Skewers
- 1 T. fennel seeds
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1/3 c. fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- 4 tsp. salt
- 3 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 lemons halved lengthwise and cut into 1/8" slices
- In a small sauté pan over medium high heat, toast the fennel seeds, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about four minutes. Let cool. Using a spice grinder, finely grind the seeds. Transfer to a large bowl. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, honey, olive oil and salt; whisk to combine. Add the cut-up chicken to the bowl, cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Thread one piece of chicken and one folded lemon slice on a metal skewer. Continue this until the skewers are full and all the chicken is on skewers.
- Preheat a gas grill or an electric indoor grill to 400°. Arrange the skewers on the grill, cook, turning twice, for about 8 minutes.