2 Lobster tails
1/2 lb Small shell pasta
2 Tbl Butter
2 Tbl All purpose flour
1 Cup Whole milk
4 oz Brie cheese
4 oz Havarti (can substitute Monterrey Jack)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bring a large pot of water to boil then add a small handful of salt.
- Add lobster tails to boiling water and cook for 5-6 minutes or until the shell is bright red and the flesh is white. Note: using the same water to cook the lobster and the pasta helps to reinforce the lobster flavor.
- While the lobster meat cools, cook the pasta 1 minute less than package directions (approximately 6-7 minutes). Drain pasta and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter and then whisk in the flour over medium heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly. Slowly add the milk, whisking constantly to avoid lumps.
- Bring the mixture (known as a bechamel) to a boil then reduce heat to low. Stir in the Brie and havarti cheese.
- Chop up the cooled lobster meat into bite sized pieces and add to a mixing bowl with the drained pasta. Stir in the cheese sauce and toss together gently to avoid breaking up the pieces of lobster. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Scoop the mixture into a muffin tin and bake until the top is golden brown. Allow to cool 10-15 minutes to allow the muffins to set before removing from the pan.