Minestrone Soup #1
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 1 3/4 c. water
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 1 c. shredded cabbage
- 3/4 c. tomato juice
- 1/2 c. chopped carrot
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic diced
- 1 15 oz. can great norther beans rinsed and drained
- 1 medium zucchini quartered and sliced 1/4” thick
- 2 oz. small pasta shells or spaghetti
- 2 T. shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven, combine water, broth, tomatoes, onion, cabbage, juice, carrot, celery, basil and garlic. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and return to a boil. Stir in beans, zucchini, and pasta. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve topped with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
Minestrone Soup is a great way to use up odds and ends of vegetables and pasta.