Mushroom Stuffed Mushrooms
- 3 dozen mushrooms medium size
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Wipe mushrooms clean and remove stems. Trim the bottom from the stems then chop fine.
- Sauté the chopped stems in butter in a skillet. Add flour and salt; stir. Add half and half and cook until thick. Stir in chives and lemon juice.
- Stuff mushroom caps with the filling and place on a cookie sheet. (The mushrooms can be refrigerated at this point if you want to wait to bake them.)
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes.