Nancy J.’s Corn Salsa
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can whole kernel corn drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1/4 c. chopped green or red pepper
- 1/4 c. chopped onion
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 c. chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado
- Combine all ingredients except the avocado. Add salt and pepper to taste. Let sit at least 1 hour before serving. Add the avocado right before serving.
- This is a very versatile recipe. If you don't like black beans, use sliced black olives instead. If you like it spicier, add a finely diced jalapeno. Lots of fresh tomatoes on hand? Use diced fresh tomatoes in place of the canned tomatoes.
Thanks Nancy J. for the excellent recipe!