Pear Pecan Cheese Ball
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 1/4 c. shredded extra-sharp white cheddar
- 1 firm ripe pear
- 1 tsp. dried minced shallot or 2 T. finely chopped chives
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 c. finely chopped toasted pecans
- 2 T. finely chopped chives
- Bring the cream cheese to room temperature.
- Finely dice the pear.
- Stir together the cream cheese, shredded cheese, pear, dried shallot, salt and pepper.
- Coat a large piece of plastic wrap with cooking spray. Scoop the cheese mixture onto it. Using the plastic wrap, form the cheese mixture into a ball, then completely wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 2 days.
- Just before serving, combine the pecans and the chives on a plate. Roll the cheese ball in the mixture, pressing to adhere on all sides.
- Serve with crackers and celery sticks.