- 3/4 cup 150g / 5.3oz white sugar
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice from a carton
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons corn flour cornstarch
- 85 g 3/4 stick / 3 oz unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- In a medium heavy based saucepan, whisk the sugar, pineapple juice, eggs, egg yolks and corn flour together until smooth. Place over low heat.
- Add the butter 3-4 cubes at a time, stirring until each has melted before adding more.
- Continue stirring (making sure to get into the corners of the pan, for around 6 minutes more or until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon without running.
- Pour into a glass bowl or jar. Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before chilling in the fridge for at least 45 minutes more.
Store in a glass bowl with plastic wrap pressed to the surface of the curd to prevent a skin from forming. Will keep in the fridge for up to 10 days.