Potato Corn Chowder
- 1 T. butter
- 1 onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 c. whole milk
- 4 c. chicken broth
- 3 potatoes rinsed, peeled and cubed into 1/2" chunks
- 2 c. corn fresh or frozen
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Real bacon bits
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Add the butter to a large Dutch oven and melt over medium-low heat. Add the onion and a pinch of salt and cook for 5 minutes until tender. Add the garlic and the corn and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Sprinkle in 1 tablespoon flour and stir. Add the chicken broth and the milk. Turn the heat up to medium-high and add the potatoes. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne. Simmer for 25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Ladle into bowls and top with shredded cheese and bacon bits.
I like to use fresh or frozen corn on the cob. Cut the corn off the cob to use as the recipe states then throw the cobs into the soup while it simmers for 25 minutes. It adds lots of extra flavor!