Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter softened plus additional to grease the bundt pan
- 2 1/4 c. flour plus additional to flour bundt pan
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 c. canned pumpkin
- 3/4 c. buttermilk shake well before measuring
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/4 c. sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1/2 T. buttermilk well-shaken
- 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- Put the oven rack in the middle position and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter bundt pan then dust with flour, knock off the excess flour.
Make the cake:
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice and salt in a bowl.
- Whisk together the pumpkin, 3/4 cup buttermilk and vanilla in another bowl.
- Beat the softened butter and granulated sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium-high speed for 5 minutes or until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs and beat for 1 minutes. Reduce the speed to low and alternate adding the flour and pumpkin mixtures, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix just until the batter is smooth.
- Spoon the batter into the bundt pan, smoothing the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or Neil a wooden pick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool the cake in the pan on a rack for 15 minutes. Then place the rack over the cake and flip it over to remove the cake from the pan. Let cool for another 10 minutes.
- While the cake is cooling, whisk together the butter milk and powdered sugar until smooth. Drizzle the icing over the cake while still warm then let cake cool completely. Keep the cake in an air-tight container at room temperature.
- Cake can be made 3 days in advance.