Sausage Tater Tot Bites
- 1 pound frozen tater tots
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 c. half-and-half
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 c. shredded pepper jack cheese
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- Bake the Tater tots according to package directions and set aside.
- While the tater tots cook, brown the sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat. Whisk the eggs with the half-and-half,salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in the cheese and onions.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- Spread the sausage in a 9” x 13” pan then scatter the tater tots on top. Pour the egg mixture over it all. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake until the eggs are set, about 25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Run a spatula around the edges then cut into 2” squares for appetizers or larger squares for breakfast or lunch.