Smoky Maple Margarita
Smoky Maple Simple Syrup:
- 1/4 c. maple syrup
- 1/4 c. water
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 pinch salt
For Rimming the Glasses:
- 1 T. smoked or flaky sea salt
- 1 T. raw sugar
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
For the Margaritas:
- 1 1/2 c. orange juice freshly squeezed or high quality refrigerated
- 1/3 c. lime juice
- 4 1/2 oz. blanco tequila
- 1/4 c. smoky maple simple syrup
To make the Smoky Maple Simple Syrup:
- Heat the maple syrup, water, paprika and salt in a saucepan over medium heat, sirring occasionally, until it starts to simmer. Then cool to room temperature before using. The Simple Syrup can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator.
To make the Margaritas:
- Stir the orange juice, lime juice, tequila and maple simple syrup together in a pitcher.
- Mix the sea salt, sugar and smoke paprika on a small, flat plate. Smear a bit of maple syrup onto the rim of each glass. Dip the glasses into the salt and sugar mixture.
- Put ice cubes into each glass. Divide the margarita mixture between the glasses, stir and serve.