Spicy Ginger Shrimp Cocktail
- 1/2 c. chili sauce
- 1/3 c. hot mango chutney
- 2 T. chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp. grated peeled fresh ginger
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 1/2 limes
- 1/2 c. sliced peeled fresh ginger
- Stems from one bunch of cilantro
- 2 tsp. coriander seeds
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 2 tsp. fennel seeds
- 1 tsp. black peppercorns
- 2 lbs. large shrimp peeled and deveined (tails intact)
- Combine the chili sauce, chutney, cilantro, ginger and lime juice to make the cocktail sauce. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Put 2 quarts cold water into a large pot. Squeeze in the lime juice then add the limes to the pot. Add the ginger, cilantro stems, coriander, fennel, cumin, and peppercorns. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes. Add the shrimp, cover and remove from the heat. Let sit until just cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Drain the shrimp. Refrigerate immediately. When thoroughly chilled, serve the shrimp with the cocktail sauce.