Spicy Snack Mix in the Slow Cooker
- 3 c. rice cereal squares
- 3 c. wheat cereal squares
- 3 c. corn cereal squares
- 2 c. pretzels
- 2 c. garlic rye crisps
- 1 c. dry-roasted peanuts
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1/4 c. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T. seasoned salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Put the cereal, pretzels, rye crisps and peanuts into a large slow cooker.
- Melt the butter. Add the seasoned salt, garlic powder and cayenne. Stir until combined. Add the Worcestershire sauce and stir to combine.
- Drizzle the sauce over the cereal mixture. Toss for about 1 minute until evenly combined.
- Cover and slow cook on low for 3 hours, stirring at the 1 hour, 2 hour and 2 1/2 hour marks. Stir every 10 minutes during the last 30 minutes.
- Spread the mixture out onto parchment paper and let it cool. Store in a sealed container for up to 3 weeks.
- To keep the cereal mixture from getting soggy, place a towel just under the lid of the slow cooker to collect the condensation.