Sticky Bun Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 c. pecan halves and pieces
- 1/2 c. butter melted
- 1/2 c. brown sugar firmly packed
- 2 T. light corn syrup
- 3 1/2 c. flour
- 3 c. sugar
- 1 T. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin
- 1 c. canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake the pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan for 8 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant.
- Stir together melted butter, brown sugar and corn syrup until thoroughly combined. Spoon 2 teaspoons of the butter mixture into each cup of 2 lightly greased 12-cut muffin pans. Put a few pecans in each muffin cup.
- Stir together the flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center.
- Whisk together the pumpkin, oil, eggs and 2/3 c. water. Add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture, stirring just until moistened. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pans, filling three-fourths full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Invert the pan immediately after removing for the oven to remove the muffins. Spoon any topping remaining in the muffin cups over the muffins. Let cool 5 minutes then serve.