Stout brownies with irish cream cheese swirl
1 box Fudge brownie mix
1 bottle/can Stout beer
2 tsp Espresso powder, divided
6 Tbl Cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup Sugar
2 Tbl Irish Cream liquor
1/2 cup Sugar
2 Tbl Water
2 Tbl Heavy Cream
1 Tbl Butter
2 Tbl Irish whiskey
- Prepare the brownies as directed by the box but substituting the water for stout beer and adding 1 tsp of Espresso powder.
- Reserve about a cup of the brownie mix before pouring the rest into a greased 9×9 dish.
- In a separate bowl, blend together the cream cheese, egg, sugar, Irish Cream, and remaining tsp of Espresso powder mixture.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture across the surface of the brownie mix.
- Pour the reserved brownie mix over the cream cheese. It doesn’t have to be neat- you’re going to do the swirls after this.
- Using a toothpick or knife, gently swirl the cream cheese mix around into the mix.
- Bake for the amount of time directed on the box + 25 minutes*
- While the brownies cool, prepare the caramel sauce. In a heavy bottom sauce pan, combine sugar and water with a wooden spoon, stirring constantly over medium-high heat.
- While cooking sugar, warm cream, butter, and salt in the microwave (approximately 30 seconds).
- When the sugar mixture turns amber in color, slowly add the cream and combine using a rubber spatula (mixture will be very hot and bubble up).
- Once combined, add the Irish Whiskey and allow to cool slightly before drizzling over brownies.