- 4 tilapia fillets
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 4 garlic cloves sliced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 T. capers
- 1/3 c. halved green olives stuff with pimento
- Sprinkle fish with pepper and salt. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and swirl to coat the pan. Add the fish to the pan.
- Cook for 3 minutes or until browned. Remove the fish from the pan.
- Add the onion to the pan and saute for 2 minutes. Add the oregano and garlic; saute for 2 more minutes. Add the tomatoes, capers and olives and bring to a simmer.
- Arrange the fish on top of the tomato mixture, browned sides up. Cover, reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 3 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.