Walnut Chocolate Bourbon Pie
- 1 frozen pie crust I use Trader Joe’s pie crust
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 3/4 c. light corn syrup
- 4 T. butter melted and cooled
- 2 T. bourbon
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 c. chopped walnuts
- 1/2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- Set out the pie crust to thaw at room temperature for 1 1/2 hours.
- Put a baking sheet on the middle oven rack and preheat to 425 degrees. Smooth out the pie crust and ease it into a 9-inch pie plate. Fold the overhanging dough under itself and crimp with a fork. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: Whisk the eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup, melted butter, bourbon, vanilla and salt in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in the walnuts and chocolate chips. Pour the filling into the crust. Place the pie plate on the hot baking sheet in the oven and reduce the temperature to 350 degrees. Bake until the filling is set around the edge but slightly jiggly in the center, about 50 minutes. If the crust starts to get too dark, cover the edges with foil. When done, transfer to a rack and let cool completely, 3 to 4 hours before serving.