- 1 1/2 c. tri-color quinoa rinsed and drained
- 4 c. water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 c. chopped cabbage
- 2 large carrots peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small jalapeno seeded and finely diced
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 T. sesame oil
- 2 T. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. rice vinegar
- Add the salt to the water in a large saucepan And bring to a boil. Add the rinsed quinoa and cook, uncovered, until tender. Drain thoroughly.
- While the quinoa cooks, prepare the vegetables. In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the cabbage, carrots and jalapeño. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes until lightly browned and slightly softened.
- Add the garlic and ginger to the pan. Cook, stirring frequently for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the vegetables for the pan and put in a bowl.
- Heat the sesame oil in the pan. Add the quinoa to the pan. Cook, without stirring, 3 to 4 minutes until slightly crispy. Add the vegetables back into the pan. Add the soy sauce and vinegar. Stir to combine. Serve while warm.
Quinoa is a great source of protein.