Worcestershire Green Beans
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. fresh green beans
- 1 c. chicken stock
- 3 T. Worcestershire sauce
- Mince the shallot. Clean the beans and trim the ends.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and allow to heat for 1 minutes. Add the minced shallot, salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the green beans, chicken stock and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine then cover and cook until beans almost reach the desired degree of tenderness, about 12 - 14 minutes.
- Uncover then pan, turn up the heat and allow the sauce to reduce for a few minutes. The sauce should become slightly syrupy.
You can substitute frozen green beans for the fresh beans but if you do, reduce the chicken stock to 1/2 cup.